Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Josh Groban?

I was in Central Park yesterday, sitting on a bench practicing the French I would be singing in my upcoming voice lesson and watching a co-ed adult softball game. A dog altercation to my left caught my attention. A passerby and his dog had approached an older woman and her dog, who were standing near an adjacent bench, and though both owners probably hoped that the dogs would become friends (as did I!!), they did not.

Moments later, a young hipster type walking his Wheaten Terrier approached from my right, on the far side of the path. As he neared the woman and her medium sized white beast, the woman kindly said, “He might bark.”

Why she assumed the man would cross the path and thus provoke her dog, I am not sure, but maybe dog owners share a special bond that the rest of New York’s citizens do not. Maybe dog owners, through their dogs and their dogs’ desires to befriend other animals, are good natured and go out of their way to interact with others. I don’t know. I don’t have a dog.

“Okay, I’ll stay over here,” hipster man said, and continued walking on the far side of the path, as I expect he would have regardless of the woman's warning. But again, I am no dog owner, and maybe the man would have brought his dog over to socialize.

“Oh, Josh Groban,” the woman then said, “I love your voice!”

“Thank you,” Josh said, and continued walking his dog.

I did not recognize him, but I guess he looked like what I think Josh Groban looks like. So, I got up and followed him for about 5 minutes, because I knew that nothing that would happen for the rest of the day would be cooler than following someone who could be a celebrity and what might be a celebrity’s dog. Nothing.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA you did not tell me you followed him, you creeper!

    ReplyDelete