Friday, March 18, 2011

The people were just as curious as the animals

Ken, my mother, and I went to the Bronx Zoo last Saturday.  I am the proud owner of a zoo membership, which means that I and one guest get in FOR FREE!  We saw quite a few animals that day, my favorites were the river otters and the porcupine.  However, what I remember far more distinctly was a. the girl with no pants, b. the overweight woman throwing sticks at the snow leopard, and c. the supervised children terrorizing the peacocks.

The Pantsless:
I imagine she was in her late teens or early twenties, and under her short blue coat she wore black stockings, not leggings, and nothing else visible.

Stick-Tosser:
She was awful.  In her late twenties to late thirties, she wore a shabby, inside-out gray pilly sweatshirt; thick, caked makeup two shades too dark and three shades too orange, and cropped cotton pants.  Her flabby buttocks sagged into two points, completely unsupported by the thin black yoga pants.  She and a young boy, whose relationship to the woman was unidentifiable and aged approximately 13, picked up sticks from the ground and threw them through the fence at the snow leopard.

Devil Children:
While their mothers sat nearby talking, three boys chased the peacocks around the "Asia" courtyard in until another mother with a sheltered-looking son chastized them.  The uninvolved mothers appeared to notice nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS. I read the description of the fat person to my manager.

    ReplyDelete